#102 – 506 Broadway Street West
Yorkton, Saskatchewan S3N 0P3
Fax: (306) 782-6264
Located: 345 Broadway St. W Second Floor
AANDC Renovations & Housing Updates:
- Bring unit up to the current building code standard established by AANDC
- Identify maintenance deficiencies that may affect the future of the unit and determine a cost estimate to repair the unit. (Using required inspection forms.)
AANDC Fire Reports:
- Inspect and investigate home and surroundings following a fire to determine the cause of the fire damages, whereabouts of the fire truck, etc.
- Relate any prior protection actions to help First Nations prevent any future loss of life/damage.
Fire Safety Inspections:
- Visit First Nations homes to determine if fire regulations are being followed (e.g. installation of smoke detectors, proper chimneys, etc.) according to AANDC requirements in order to reduce risk of fire.
- Ensure that police are contacted if a death has occurred or arson is suspected.
Capital Asset Inventory System Quantity Based (CAIS):
- Provide a current inventory of all First Nation assets to update the CAIS record to justify the level of funding and to help prioritize projects.
Asset Condition Recording System Quality Based (ACRS):
- Carry out inspections of all assets maintained by the First Nation that are listed on the CAIS in accordance with AANDC user instructions.
- Update ACRS based on information received from the inspection.
- Prepare ACRS report including input into ACRS database (DBACRS)
- Consult with Engineer/Consultant to approve and/or complete reports.
Capital Management Database (CMDB):
- Update the CMDB information (e.g. Housing information such as sewer and water changes, renovations, etc.)
- Update Housing Maps (e.g. enter locations of new homes/deleting old units and providing First Nations with new updated tenant lists and maps annually.
- Provide other surveying and mapping services required by the First Nation.
- Input data into AANDC Website.
CMHC New Construction:
- Plan examination/reviews – Examine plans and specification to determine that the finished product will reasonably conform to the prescribed standards of construction and the National Building Code Regulations.
- Undertake all required inspections, including: Site inspections, Pre-backfill inspections, Vapour Barrier Inspections, Final Inspections, and any other inspections deemed necessary.
CMHC Physical Condition Reviews:
- Identify maintenance deficiencies that may affect the future of the unit and determine a cost estimate to repair the unit (using required inspection forms).
- Discuss findings with the Housing Coordinator.
- Input the data onto the CMHC Physical Condition Review Database.
CMHC RRAP Program:
The Technical Services Department performs the following duties:
- Work Specification – gives a detailed description of the deficiencies to be repaired and any relevant codes according to the National Building Code 1995
- Assistance in Completing Application Forms.
- Progress Inspections and Final Inspections.
Yorkton Tribal Council Technical Services Department Staff:
Director/Database Technicial – Corrine Cote
Compliance Inspector – Michael Leonard
Compliance Inspector (Contract) – Allan Bird
Administrative Assistant – Misty Sparvier
“True leadership is when you are willing to risk your power and voice so that all will be heard.”
The purpose of the Yorkton Tribal Council is to provide high quality service to our member first nation communities and promote self-sufficiency based on our inherent rights and the spirit of intent of treaty. With the help of the member nations, we will build on the foundation and work of our previous leaders and staff to create an economic resource plan including business ventures that will create employment and develop our resources.
Efficient internal restructuring, evaluate service delivery & implement required changes
Treaty education and awareness, language programs with the provincial schools
Business ventures, complete the economic base and create own source revenues.
Job creation to hand in hand with YTC trainingSocialite Media Marketing